Saturday, March 29, 2008

Catch up time!

Ok, so after last week I have been in a panic about will I /won’t I get this done in time.
As I have been going along I have been finding ways of making this process work more efficient. When I did the first few rows I was doing two or three sheets at a time. I was butting the dots up to the edge of the sheets. I had to then remove the dots I had stuck to join them together, causing more work for myself. I have learnt now to leave a gap around the joining pieces so not undoing necessary.





I keep spilling dots all over the floor, which is so annoying I must do this about four times a day!


In order to make up time I have told my friends that if they visit they have to hole punch for me. Chris has been doing this on his days off since the beginning, this can knock about an hour a day off my work. So my next victim was Pete who popped over to borrow my car for the next six weeks since I won’t be needing it!!

I have started to stick more sheets together before I attatch them to the canvas as this leaves less edges to try and stick vertically. Vertical sticking as opposed to when the canvas is flat takes about three times as long as I keep dropping the dots whilst trying to attach them.

Some parts obviously take longer than others, and at the beginning of the week I was doing a really hard bit which took four days to get that far. I was losing the will to live so I switched to an easier bit for a while so I could get timing into perspective. There are more easy sheets than hard, and timing things whilst doing a hard sheet just made things feel like I would never finish.

When I looked at the rest of my picture I realised that the sheet I was doing was actually probably the hardest part of the picture. The flat lines that I had in front of me had three levels of depth and I had to slowly pick out what bits of grass were foreground which bits were in the middle and which bit is background.

The next bit I decided to do is eight sheets as apposed to the six on the hard bit. But had taken twelve less hours and is nearly done.

No comments: