Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Face off

I spent Sunday mainly doing grass, as a break from sitting at the canvas touching up areas. Monday since I didn’t go to bed from Sunday afternoon till eleven a.m Monday morning I had a long sleep and got up around five p.m. I decided it was time to attack the tidying up of the bits on the canvas, my back had recovered a little, and there is a lot to do over there. There won’t be as much in the future as I have learnt to do as much as possible not vertically now, as it takes three times as long because it is harder to stick the dots and one in three ends up on the floor.

I attacked the man on the left’s face and hands, I had been leaving this part until I was a little more confident about what I was doing since it is a focal point on the picture. After over 600 hours on this thing already I felt it was time to try. I am quite happy with the result but am not sure if the face isn’t too pale. On the canvas it appears lighter than on the photograph below.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

looking fantastic so far! I can confirm that having seen the damn thing, it is HUGE!

Close up, the image makes little sense, just a collection of dots. But when you stnad back, the image "comes into focus" if you will, and it all comes together. it looks awesome, and I can't wait to see the fininshed piece.

Nix - you are a crazy person, totally and utterly, you know that? :)

My brain cannot comprehend the scale of the carnage that will ensue in your post-dotting Halo session. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

This is beginning to look pretty spectacular! I'm not sure how you came up with such an original idea, but I think you're either crazy, or extremely dedicated, or maybe a bit of both!!

I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Anonymous said...

I am a first year art student in london. Your idea is fantastic and so inspiring. Keep tweezing!

Anonymous said...

i came to see the degree show last week, and was blown away with your awesome creation.. not surprisingly, you had no cards left, but i made a note of your name and googled you, which led me to this blog! Your dedication is an inspiration. congratulations on a magnificent achievement and an artwork that will stay in my mind forever. Lauretta Rapley x