Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week of nightmares



Week starting Monday 17th of March turned into a living nightmare. Firstly we had no hot water, then the bathroom flooded breaking the ceiling and raining down into the kitchen. Then we had no water at all.

On top of that, I could feel whilst dotting on my canvas that things were feeling a little wobbly and creaky so I took a peep behind to see what was going on, and I’m glad I did but wished I hadn’t at the same time.

The right hand support on my canvass had split in the middle and the canvas no longer lay against it. It had tightened and bowed the beam to the point it had split and the other one was on it’s way too.

Not wanting to make things worse I stopped working on the canvas, and asked a friend’s dad to come over and asses the damage. He suggested support pieces of wood on the back to straighten up my canvas and told me not to work on tit and he would kindly make me some support beams.

By Thursday I had a migraine. I have not had one for years but the stress of losing sticking time with the kitchen and canvas disasters along with the lack of sleep from sticking approximately fifteen hours a day for weeks on end just tipped me over.

I spent five days in bed. I tried getting up every six hours to see if I could continue but couldn’t even open my eyes. In the end I gave up and stayed in bed until it went away the following Tuesday. I had lost a whole week of sticking time. I had saved a little extra time at the end but now that had gone, I will have to make up for lost time.

Chris’ dad came over later in the week and helped me fix my canvas. The dot loss of laying the canvass flat on the floor was minimal, far less than I had expected. I have to get on now and try and make some time back for a week that just went horribly wrong!


fixing in progress !

No comments: